Sunday, April 12, 2009

Time...

Waaay back on March 19 (I believe it was a Thursday), I was looking forward to spending the weekend finishing the painting of the clock on the Green. Unfortunately for that plan, I had to unexpectedly leave the country for nearly two weeks, and that threw a lot of things off-schedule.

This weekend I finally got back to the painting, but managed only two sessions of about two hours each. It seems like there's always something getting in between me and my art--usually it's work, this time it was the holiday.

The new bits are subtle--benches, clothing, and the beginnings of lamp posts. In some ways it seems like there's hardly any painting left to do, just little details (like shoes and the clock face). In other ways, it seems like there's a million little fussy details that need attention and will take forever to complete.

No comments: