Thursday, August 11, 2011

Conflict

Now that Goldsmith's has closed their Waterbury location, I have two paintings in my living room demanding that I finish them. It's not a very big living room, so having two easels set up makes it a little crowded.





For some reason, I'm having trouble moving forward with either one. I want to keep painting the big one of Fulton Park, but I'm almost finished with the little one. Reason tells me to finish the little one first, since it won't take anywhere near as long. But since I want to work on the big one, it's hard to get into the right frame of mind to paint the little one. So I paint neither.

I've considered putting away the little one until the big one is finished, but I can't bring myself to do that. I've definitely spent too much time thinking about this, because I'm starting to imagine a scenario, like a cartoon, in which the paintings start talking, each one demanding that I pay attention to it.

It would probably be easier if the two paintings were more similar to one another.

No comments: