Monday, March 7, 2011

In Progress

I've been working on finishing two paintings of Waterbury, one that I'm working on at home when time permits (which is far too rarely), and one that I'm working on almost every Friday in the window at Goldsmith's downtown.

First up, here's the one I'm working on at home. A view of downtown looking towards Grand Street from St. Mary's Hospital, at rush hour during the Autumn.




















Taking photographs of my art is always tricky. Sometimes I put in the effort and camera technology necessary for a good photograph (as above) and sometimes I just do a quick snapshot with the camera in my phone with bad lighting (as below). When I go for the quickie, the colors are off and there's a tendency towards blurriness.


















I have no idea when I'll get this finished. There's not that much left, but I never seem to have the time to work on it (have to do the things that pay first!).

Next up, the painting I'm working on at Goldsmith's, a view of Fulton Park in the summertime.
























The lighting is a little odd. It's very hard to get a good shot in a small space when the painting is so large (48 x 36 inches). This is the largest canvas I've ever worked on, which is very fun for me. There was a sale, so I bought two of them. The second one will be a winter scene at Hammonasset.

A couple of details:



















No comments: