Saturday, September 5, 2009

Horse Fountain on the Green


I think it took me longer to get this blog post up than it did to finish the painting, but here it is (at long last)!

I finished on my last Friday at Goldsmith's, back on the last day of July. Since then, I've been too busy with work (the commute to NYC chews up a LOT of time) and campaigning to upload the photo and write the blog post.

It was an interesting experience, painting in public and with a set schedule. I didn't have as much time to fuss over the details. I'm not sure how I feel about that. With the painting of the clock on the Green, I fussed too much with the detail. This time I think I didn't fuss enough. Which is probably a good thing in terms of my development as an artist.

Next up: a small painting of Immaculate Conception (assuming I ever have free time again!).

No comments: