Friday, July 3, 2009

Today's Work

This probably represents just under three hours of paint time and fifteen to twenty minutes of pondering time. Keeping the canvas in progress at Goldsmith's is a little challenging, since I don't get to spend as much time thinking about my next move, but I think I'm doing okay. ;)

Today I decided that it's time to get the main focus, the fountain, filled in. Once I finish fleshing it out, getting the right contrasts, colors and intensities, then I will know how to finish the trees, background and people. At the moment, there are only one or two small areas of the painting that I consider to be "finished". Most of it needs a LOT more work.



I'll be back at Goldsmith's next Friday, unless jury duty gets in the way. [I have jury duty next Friday, but maybe it will be canceled the day before, or maybe they'll let me go early, in which case I'll head over to Bank Street.]

No comments: