Friday, May 29, 2009

Bank Street, Goldsmith's, and the Clock on the Green

I had a great time at Goldsmith's last night. It's too bad the weather was so cold, I'm sure we would have had a larger crowd. There's a lot of talk about making it a regular event, possibly monthly, which would be great. Since that section of Bank Street is closed to traffic, we could probably turn it into an evening street fair. I think the Elegant Evening concept is something people in Waterbury are looking for.

The completed painting of the clock on the Green is now at Goldsmith's where it will be framed next week.







Nothing has been finalized yet (at the very least, I need permission from work), but it looks like I might be painting in the window at Goldsmith's on Friday afternoons this summer. I think that would be a lot of fun (and it only took an hour last night to get used to being a window display). I've started a second large canvas, of the horse fountain, which a lot of people took interest in last night. If I work on that canvas in the window every Friday, it would probably take me the summer to finish. People could come downtown every Friday for lunch, then stop by Goldsmith's to observe my progress. Or stop by to observe my progress before going to an early dinner.

Goldsmith's is also interested in giving me wall space for my paintings. I'm in NYC all next week, but after that I'll put some effort into filling up the wall space. I might have to swipe two paintings currently at the Waterbury Club, plus the clock painting, the tiny cross painting, and then maybe I can get a handful of little canvases done quickly. I think I will also order a few things from my cafepress.com store to sell to people who don't want to buy online.

Things are looking up!

No comments: