Monday, January 19, 2009

Better Trees

I was ready to tackle the trees again last weekend, but I was too wiped out from being sick all week. I didn't have any free time during the past week, so painting didn't happen again until yesterday.

I'm very pleased with the work I did yesterday. The tree on the left is perfection! The tree on the right needs a little more work, but overall the trees are coming along very well. Much better than they were before. The trickiness of trees is the leaves--I can't paint every leaf, I can't capture every subtle nuance of all those leaves, so instead I have to generalize and create something that looks convincingly like a tree (or like several different types of trees), even if it doesn't necessarily look just like the real thing. I now have a better appreciation for the fluffy trees of the Rococo.



The next step: fuss only a little more with the trees, then move on to the people and ground, starting on the left.

No comments: