Sunday, September 14, 2008

Summer Summary

Had lunch with my favorite uncle today--we caught each other up on what we've been doing. I realized that this has been a very eventful summer for me (and I hope it's done being eventful now!).

I replaced my roof, which was scary, climbing up that high on a ladder.

I got bit by Kodos, an unvaccinated cat, and very quickly learned an awful lot about rabies in cats (he's fine, I'm fine, and he instantly learned that biting is a very very bad idea--SMACK DOWN!!!).

I had the vet cut off my cat Tyger's leg.

My car got smashed by a total jerk at the bottom of Walnut Street in April and had to get a new front bumper, hood and side panel.

I finally had my house-warming party, one year late.

I started a very cool new job and had to quit the teaching job I've had for five or six years.

Last weekend I did some creative driving with my car, and now it's getting a new rear suspension, rear bumper cover, antenna, tires and a few side panels.

I think those are all the major highlights. Like I said, I hope that's all there is this year.

But, you know, as I think about it, for the past three years, there's been big stuff happening pretty regularly. Mostly good stuff, but still big stuff. My life is not quiet. I love the quiet days, though. I love being able to spend three days in a row doing nothing but reading in the sun or sleeping late on a rainy day. On the other hand, I get bored without new challenges, and life is for living!

No comments: