Monday, September 29, 2008

Sadie's Back!

I didn't know just how much I missed my car until the mechanic called this morning to say that she was ready for pickup. The lingering depression I've been in since my accident lifted instantly. When I was in the mechanic's office waiting for the key, I was almost as excited as I was when I first bought her five years ago. With all the body work she's had, my car is as beautiful now as she was then. :)

Now that my depression's gone, I feel like being artistic again. Time to start painting!


Hmm.... I've noticed before that I can't paint when I'm depressed. I wonder if that's true for every artist, or have there been artists whose best work was done when they were depressed? Is the same true for other types of creativity? I would guess that melancholic poetry is best written while depressed, and maybe some music as well?

No comments: