Monday, September 8, 2008

Damage Report

The claims adjuster visited my car today. Not including anything they might find after they take it apart, the repair cost is $4500 (of which I pay $500 for the deductible). He estimated 13 business days to do the work. 13 is the key number. 13 days to repair. 13 years that I've had car insurance. I was jinxed!

The mechanic claims it will take a week to a week and a half to repair. Dunno why his time estimate is so different.

New discoveries were made in broad daylight: the rear bumper cover was torn. I suppose that probably happened when I whipped around 180 degrees right next to a stand of trees and shrubs.

I had been estimating that I was maybe three feet away from being crushed, but now I think it might have been more like six inches.

No comments: